*** Please note that various posts will contain affiliate links for Amazon. Purchases from these links will make me a small percentage in store credit. ***

06 September 2016

Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde (Tuesday Intros & Teaser Tuesday)

"First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros" is the first paragraph (or two) of a book being read now or in the future and is hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. "Teaser Tuesday" from Books and a Beat asks for a random line or two from anywhere in the book currently being read.
When Zoe Harper wins a coveted place in a televised cookery competition she's thrilled. It's a chance to cook her way to fame and fortune and the little delicatessen she's set her heart on.
The first task has hardly begun when she finds herself with rather too much on her plate. Not only has she got to contend with the fiercely competitive and downright devious Cher, but she's fast developing an inconvenient crush on one of the judges - the truly delicious Gideon Irving.
All too soon there's more than canapés, cupcakes and cordon bleu at stake. Will Zoe win the competition or is Gideon one temptation too far? And is Zoe really prepared to risk it all for love? 
*****

As of right now I'm only 16% in to this gem of a book and I already know that it's the kind of book I need someone at Hallmark Channel to fall in love with and decide to make into a movie. It's absolutely delicious! It was originally published in the UK in 2012 but those geniuses at Bookouture are doing a U.S release on September 14th and I was fortunate enough to nab a copy on NetGalley. If you love cooking competitions a la MasterChef and romance you'll love this book. (At least the first 16% of it. I doubt my opinion of it will go down over the remaining 84%, though!)

11 comments:

  1. I'm not a romance fan so this isn't one for me but it does sound fun. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Sounds fun.

    Mine this week is from Neal Shusterman’s Challenger Deep: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not something I generally read - but Katie Fforde is a writer I haven't yet encountered and I should... I may well pick this one up. Thank you for sharing it:). Here's mine -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/teaser-tuesday-6th-september-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although the opening didn't grab me, the Teaser made me smile. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features THE UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds cute and maybe your post will reach the 'ears' of Hallmark! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a romance reader, but the intro makes me want to jump right into the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not into romance reads but, this sounds fun - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one does sound perfect for Hallmark....enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SISTER”

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not crazy about the opening, but I would probably keep reading. It looks like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the warmth of the opening. I would keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear I was there in the opener. Sounds like a fun romance:)

    MY TT from The Lobby

    ReplyDelete